User-agent: * Disallow: /

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I'm back...

...and I'm pushing a new political agenda: electoral reform.

On October 10th, we in Ontario will have the chance to voice our opinion on the way we elect our members of the provincial legislature. We will be asked to choose between our current "first-past-the-post" system, and the alternative "mixed member proportional" system proposed by the Citizens' Assembly.

I'm endorsing mixed member proportional. Why? Because it's the fair and right thing to do. And despite conventional wisdom, I think it will be good for the Liberal Party and the progressive cause in general.

Over the next days and weeks, I'll explain my position. I invite everyone to stay tuned.
-------------
Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network