User-agent: * Disallow: /

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

A bold prediction (sort of)

I just finished watching interviews with Sens. Barack Obama and John McCain on Larry King Live. My prediction: Neither one will win their respective party's nomination for President.

Obama isn't ready for prime time. Too stilted, too tentative, too new. Sure, he's exciting now, but when the heat of the campaign turns up, he'll wilt under pressure. So, too, will McCain, who is really starting to look and sound his seventy years. I just don't think he has the energy to withstand a national campaign.

The first caucus is still over a year away, and experience has shown me that a lot can happen in 365 days. People can grow and change, just as I have over the past year. But a gut feeling is a gut feeling, and my gut tells me it'll be Hillary.