User-agent: * Disallow: /

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Food for thought

I know we've heard it all before, but I thought I'd throw this in for good measure. From CBC/Environics...

Question: If one of the following candidates were to become Liberal party leader, would you be more likely to vote Liberal, less likely to vote Liberal, or would it make no difference?

Dion: More likely 10%; Less likely 20%
Ignatieff: More likely 12%; Less likely 20%
Kennedy: More likely 7%; Less likely 16%
Rae: More likely 17%; Less likely 20%

In other words, by a 5-10% margin,more Canadians are likely to vote Liberal if Bob Rae wins in December than if any of the other frontrunners is elected leader. Compared to the other candidates, his political "baggage" does not seem to be affecting his negatives in any significant way.

More and more, I'm getting the feeling that polls like these are starting to make a difference. Will it affect the results in Montreal? I hope so, but I'm not sure. I guess we'll know for certain in about three and a half weeks.