User-agent: * Disallow: /

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Well that's that

I'm exhausted, I'm hungry, I have a headache, my eyes are dry (note to self: never wear contact lenses for 17 hours straight!), my feet are swollen, my back hurts, my car is uncharacteristically low on gasoline, my cell phone bill is sky high, my house is a mess, I've misplaced my glasses, my parents are wondering when the phones will stop ringing, and I've just woken up after a 50 hour stretch of sleeplessness (or perhaps "sleep-free"ness?). And on top of that, it's cold and it's raining. Sigh.

Why, you may ask, is my life in such disorder? Well, yesterday was game day for me. I won. I was one of four Bob Rae delegates elected in Sudbury, an area in which the old battle wounds from the NDP-Liberal fights of the 1980s and 1990s remain. It was a tough sell, we fought hard against the odds, we were successful and in the end, that's what matters. I, for one, am ecstatic.

First, foremost and from the bottom of my heart: Thank you to my fellow Liberals (especially my friends, family members and colleagues) who came out to vote for me and the other Rae delegate nominees in Sudbury. I am deeply grateful for your support and humbled by your level of confidence. I won't let you down. In John Lennard, you will have a tireless advocate for Bob Rae and the leadership we want and deserve.

Second, to my fellow delegates who were/are/will be elected this weekend: See you in Montreal.

Bob's on Question Period now. I'll watch that, and go back to bed.