User-agent: * Disallow: /

Monday, October 23, 2006

Pragmatic Leadership, defined

Why do I support Bob Rae? This sums it up nicely, I think. No other candidate can honestly claim to have the wealth of experience or the insight that Bob Rae brings to the table. Why Liberals would want to pass it up, I don't know. But I guess it's up to the delegates in Montreal to decide.

My favourite quotation:

"I have had extraordinary opportunities to serve over the years. Every project has introduced me to more Canadians, taught me more about what is meaningful to us, shown me more about who we are as a people.

"From Burnt Church to softwood lumber, from terrorism to education, I have been forced to think of practical, workable solutions to seemingly intractable problems. I cannot claim to have always succeeded. I bear, as Teddy Roosevelt once said, the scars of having fought in the arena. But the arena is where one learns how to fight for what one believes in -- and how to win."