User-agent: * Disallow: /

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Summer internship, leadership endorsement, etc.

Sorry for the long delay...Moving is quite the experience, let me tell you. I've finally settled into my new digs in Toronto (Ryerson University at Jarvis and Gerrard, for those who are interested). As you may remember from a previous post, I was recently accepted into the Queen's Park Summer Internship Program.

Orientation was yesterday. I showed up at Vic College a bit early (about 8:15am...Things started at 9 or so). I took this opportunity to explore the campus a bit and take in the scenery. Once things started, I got to meet my fellow interns, some of whom I've known for a while. Most of them were new faces, at least to me. I look forward to getting to know them better over the next few months.

Later on, we listened to a speech by our special guest speaker, former MPP and Education Minister Sean Conway. His address on the meaning of being Liberal was very insightful. We then went through the HR session where the presenters described conflict of interest, privacy, confidentiality and ethics rules. Needless to say, I won't be meeting with lobbyists over lunch any time soon!

After orientation, I headed over to my new office. My boss is terrific. Sooooo gregarious and big-hearted. His staff is just as great. They really are a friendly and helpful bunch. They're also the people with whom I'll be working closest over the summer. Already, I feel part of the team and I'm glad to be on it.

Speaking of teams, tonight I joined another one. I guess I should just come out and say it: I've decided to endorse Bob Rae for the leadership of the Liberal Party of Canada. You may have gathered from my previous statements that I have the highest esteem for the man. However, before this weekend, I had convinced myself to go with someone younger for leadership (read: Kennedy or Brison). The LPC(O) AGM changed my mind. In any case, I'll have more to say about this tomorrow. Stay tuned!